Re: [IRCA] The TAs that got away

On Monday 16 November 2009 23:57, Jim Renfrew wrote:
> Jim Renfrew. Holley NY
>
> A phenomenal night for TAs here, but I have to hit the sack, times
> UTC.  Not super strong stuff, but appearing for short periods.
>
> 1850    1394+    ALB    TWR
> 1908    882    UK    BBC Wales
> 2210    954    UNID    not // CRo1 or Onda Cero
> 2212    756    GERMANY
> 2217    945    FRANCE
> 2218    UNID    talk
> 2223    855    SPAIN
> 2224    837    FRANCE
> 2235    1026    UNID, suspect SPAIN
> 2236    1089    UK
> 0134    621    CANARIES.SPAIN
> 0135    675    NETHERLANDS
> 0137    864    FRANCE
> 0139    873    SPAIN?
> 0140    1107.07    UNID
> 0145    1215    UK
> 0150    1422    GERMANY
> 0152    855    SPAIN
> 0156    819    EGYPT, NEW
> 0220    927    BELGIUM
> 0225    972    GERMANY, plus UNID
> 0349    819    EGYPT, still in
> 0359    963    FINLAND - about 60% sure of this,will be new if I
> can pin it down.
> 0402    783    SYRIA?  Middle Eastern music
> 0421    657    ITALY?  Not quite certain that it matched the web
> audio 0433    747    NETHERLANDS
> 0435    1116    UNID
> 0437    558    SPAIN

Many of those also noted here, but I can't shed any light on the
unids.  A few others noted with audio were 531 Spain, 549 Germany,
594 Portugal, 603 France, 621 Belgium (new), 693 and 909 UK, 684 and
774 Spain, and 1179 Sweden made an early appearance around sunset.
It was interesting to hear multiple stations on some of those
channels for a change, though IDs were elusive.

I also did a quick check for TPs between 0530 and 0600 EST this
morning... there were many hets, but not rising to audio levels.
Surprisingly, the most prominent hets were not the big guns like 747
and 774 - they were 945 and 981.  I had a bit of threshold audio on
945, but not enough to keep me from heading back to the sack.

Hope the K index stays down at 0!

Barry

--
Barry McLarnon  VE3JF  Ottawa, ON