[IRCA] Alberta TPs for 14 Nov 2009

Contrary to the case in WA, it was actually a pretty good morning here in Alberta.    DXing from Don's place in Lamont this weekend with the beverages.   This morning's audio:

531  Japan, at one of the best levels of the season
549  Russia, and seemed to be someone else at times
558  S.Korea
567  Japan
576  Russia
594 Japan
648 Russia
666 Japan
693 Japan
702 traces of audio, but a mess of at least 4 carriers
711 S.Korea
747 Japan
774 Japan
828 Japan
837 Japan
846 unID, audio at 1427 was neither Chinese nor Japanese.   Japan was mixing later.
855 unID - talk on an on-frequency station, with other carriers on 855.04 (N.Korea?) and 855.104 (?)
864 actually a little audio here, and not just the usual big carrier.   Seemed Korean.
873 Japan
945 China
972 S.Korea
981 China
1017 China
1035 traces of audio
1044 China
1071 traces of audio
1089 China
1107 a real mess of numerous carriers
1125 unID sounded Chinese
1134 S.Korea
1143 a minute or so of audio (Taiwan?)
1206 China
1251 traces of audio
1287 Japan
1422 Japan
1521 China
1548 unID, heard a few words at 1427, but wasn't German, sounded more Chinese.
1566 time pips at 1500 was about all the audio I heard here
1593 China, CNR was doing as well as I've heard them here all season.

The big guns from Japan were all doing well (though I've had zero luck trying to hear anything under 594, even on dips.)  The signal on 846 was the most intriguing this morning, as I've only ever logged Japan there.   Japan on 837 was another good one, as that's very rare out here.

Last night's TA's weren't especially exciting, basically Croatia, Farda, and a few Spaniards.   We're seeing a number of carriers already, with the off-frequency Albanian on 1395 especially strong.    Ah, the advantages of being that little bit further north.

73,

Nigel Pimblett
currently in Lamont, Alberta