Re: [IRCA] Puyallup, WA TP's for 11-10... Big Improvement

Re: [IRCA] Puyallup, WA TP's for 11-10... Big Improvement

Hello Nick,

Thanks for your comments, and the logical tip.

The UnID Chinese on 585 kHz (recorded at 1507 UTC) did indeed have the
somewhat elderly-voiced male and female Chinese announcers typical of the
VOR's Chinese service (on 648 kHz from 1400-1500). Their voices even sounded
similar. Unfortunately I needed to cut short the marginal MP3 at 1510, to go
somewhere else. For some reason, by 1507 the NHK1 JOPG station seemed  to be
completely gone from the frequency, maybe because of quirky  propagation.

The listed VOR station on 585 khz certainly has good transmitter  power,
but I don't recall seeing it in any TP reports. Anyway, I'll check  for a 648
kHz parallel if this mystery "Chinese" station shows up  tomorrow morning on
585. Thanks again for the tip.

73, Gary

In a message dated 11/10/2009 2:56:35 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
nhp@xxxxxxxx writes:

At 19:52  11/10/2009, you wrote:

>585 kHz again had an UnID Chinese  mixing with NHK1 JOPG, this time  with
>Mandarin Chinese speech  instead of music. Chuck Hutton sent me a
recording  of
>an UnID  Chinese on 585 kHz made during a DXpedition, and it seems like I
>have  come across the same mystery station.

This isn't  Voice of Russia //648 is it Gary?   I know it's not presently
listed  past 1400, but then neither is 648...

best  wishes,

Nick

original  contributors and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the IRCA,
its  editors, publishing staff, or officers

For more information:  http://www.ircaonline.org