Re: [IRCA] 1510 Boston and what about-

I spent some time at Goethe-Institut (fuer Deutscher Sprache)
in 1965. Back then the frequency was 1439. Many of the
students, if not listening to Bayerischer Rundfunk for
language proficiency, would gather in the library after
dinner and a big Telefunken console would belt out the
latest hits from RL, also with a lot of fading. There were
NO TV sets to be found here ... listening to international
AM radio was just something everyone did then.

"208 - your Station of the Stars!"  (Meters, of course)

If you wanted English news, it was AFN on 1106 and
what I think was VOA on 872 (memory fades a bit on this one)

73 - Bob