[IRCA] Alberta TPs for 2 Nov 2009

I definite improvement this morning, though it was the transpolar path that seemed favoured. CRI from Urumqi on 1521 was doing consistently well, and the CNR1 signal on 1134 was equal in quality to the best of the Japanese, with a solid signal for most of the time I listened. 1107 Urumqi put in a brief appearance around 1349, but didn't stick around like it did back on Oct 21. No Sri Lanka today though. Otherwise things waited until near sunrise to peak. The big Japanese were in general better than they've been for several days. 972 from Korea was missing until near 1400 when it appeared (about the same time as its // on 1134 appeared under CNR. Similarly VOA on 1575 didn't show until around 1400. The lower band seemed supressed this morning, unlike the last while, with even Japan on 594 barely making it through the IBOC noise.

73,

Nigel Pimblett
Dunmore, Alberta