Re: [IRCA] Boston 1510 (and what about ...)

Re: [IRCA] Boston 1510 (and what about ...)

When I was in Iceland 1955-56 the favorite pop music station was Radio Luxembourg...on 1439 at the time (I think)....Of course there was also the local 250 watt AFRS station-TFK 1484-from Keflavik. They played lots of pop/rock too. Rock was just getting started then, lots of Elvis :-) .

Don K.
S.F. CA

Tom Dimeo wrote:
Didn't you have Radio Caroline and other offshore stations or did they come later?

What was the very high power top forty station in Europe back in the sixties, was that Radio Veronica?

My old memory isn't doing so well at recalling much from those days.

Tom

** BARRY DAVIES Wrote: **
Oh yeh!
Wmex was one of my first trans Atlantic logs on this side of "The Pond" along with another rocker called Mad Daddy on 10-10 wins. This was around 1964 when all we had was the BBC top twenty show for a couple of hours A WEEK!