[IRCA] 1040 unID HELP - ATTN DX'ers in the South and Southeast! + Two new logs

[IRCA] 1040 unID HELP - ATTN DX'ers in the South and Southeast! + Two new logs

Hey;

I was at the dials a bit, last night and my mystery "Eastern" station
(Far East? Indian? Hmong?) was back in Loud and Clear on 1040, easily
swamping WHO.  Instrumental music, then some talk by a female and then
dance type music.  Finally at 1855 EDT a man, who sounded like he meant
business, started talking and then (very surprisingly) an Everly
Brothers song came on (?!).  What?  I then realized that the Mystery
station must have signed off or powered down and I was now listening to
another station.  I didn't hear any thing in the final Mystery station
announcement that indicated calls, CoL or anything discernible such as a
city in the unknown language.

The other station was WKTI.  After the Everly Brothers song they had a
fairly humorous sign off announcement, with something like "we have to
turn our transmitter off...."  Then WHO was dominant after 1900 EDT.
WKTI is new to the ULR log.

***I would really like DX'ers, especially in the Mid South or Southeast
(Bert New, Doug Smith, Powell, JD and so on) to listen to 1040 from just
before 1800 EDT to 1900 to see if you also hear the Mystery station and
if you can get an ID out of them.  The November sign off time switches
to 5:30 PM EST (after the time change) and is actually before their LSS,
in the first part of the month.  My hunch is WPBS, Conyers, GA.***  I
may have to find a way to record this.

At 11 PM EDT, WKSR 1420, Pulaski TN popped above the din with an ID and
CoL mention.  This one is new to the overall log!

1040 unID 10-27 1855 Far Eastern music and talk, or maybe Indian?
WPBS-GA?  Station was Spice radio, at one time but may have changed to
Hmong, at some point.  Loud.  Abruptly gone @ 1858. DH-IN

1040 WKTI TN Powell-Knoxville 10-27 1859 Good w/OLD after the Mystery
station departed.  S/off Announcement.  New to ULR logbook. DH-IN

1420 WKSR TN Pulaski 10-27 2300 ID popped up above din.  950 watts,
nights.  NEW! DH-IN

73,
Dave Hascall
Indy