Re: [IRCA] Laptop computer requirements for an SDR or similar receiver????

Re: [IRCA] Laptop computer requirements for an SDR or similar receiver????

Patrick;

Laptop prices are VERY low right now, Patrick.  My wife and I bought one
for her to use upstairs (she is disabled), last year for about $500.  It
is a Sony with a 15.4" display, 160 Gb hard drive, DVD/CD burner and 1Gb
ram.  I have seen simialr laptops this year for $399 with 2x the HDD
space!  Netbooks may be nice for travelling and such but I need that
large keyboard.

PacificGeek.com has refurbished / off-lease desktops for about $100
though the installed memory and HDD sizes are anemic, they can be easily
upgraded.  Fry's has 1 TB internal HDD's for less than $100!  If I had
the financial ability, I would buy an off lease Dell GX-280 desktop
upgraded to a larger HDD and more ram for a Perseus setup.

Dave in Indy

Message: 1