Re: [IRCA] MP3 of KYUK 640Khz - staggering quality

At 08:08 PM 10/4/2009, you wrote:

>http://www.dxer.ca/file-area/doc_details/263-kyuk-bethel-alaska-october-4-2009-part-2
>
>I have never had such clear reception of an Alaskan station -- my luck and style I guess.
>I am particularly proud of this segment.
>
>Eton E1 with a Wellbrook ALA100M & a 7M loop about 3' above the ground... yes. 3 feet.
>
>Enjoy!

Good catch, and thanks for giving me the heads up on it.  Sure enough, it was coming in just fine here as well, but with QRM from CNR1 on 639!, so I had to use USB to avoid that.  I think your location was enhanced by the hills of Vancouver Island also blocking some undesired domestic MW stations too.....Walt.
PS:  Checked my SDR and yours is much better.  By the way, it was at 14:01 and not 13:59 (splitting hairs, but presumably your Date/time stamp is a little off.  I know
mine does that more often than the laptop, and I calibrate mine daily on the computer).