[IRCA] 790 & 980 ON gone; Some DX

790 CIGM Sudbury and 980 CKRU Peterborough are both gone from AM, to 93.5 and 100.5 respectively.

790 has yielded WPIC Sharon PA tonight; and WLSV Wellsville NY all last night with call letters and "Real Country" - no way they are 41 watts, and one other DXer near here, not on the DX lists, has told me they've been a strong regular overnight, even with CIGM still on. I also think there's another station on 790 that's badly off-frequency.

980 has yielded Lowell MA (three references to Lowell in the space of a minute) yesterday around SSS (new catch); plus relogs London ON, Troy NY (both dominating the channel pretty consistently), and also Washington DC and Wilkes Barre PA. Strong TA hets on 972 and 981, maybe if cx get better that way I'll get stuff this season on these TA channels, which are now open for me.

Cx pretty ho-hum tonight and last. Spain, Croatia and Saudi Arabia on all the usual AM channels, UK 909; all the usual LW stations, signals all average-poor. I only have my east wire working, and I'm not yet convinced it's working as well as last winter.  It might be the cx. I'll give it a walk tomorrow if it's not raining, or I'll wait till I'm next up. I've a couple badly broken wires, removed in May, that need replacing. The one surviving one seemed intact in May, probably only due to its being 14 gauge, whereas the others are 18-20 or so.

Saul Chernos
Burnt River ON