[IRCA] Puyallup, WA Ultralight-signal TP's for 9-30

[IRCA] Puyallup, WA Ultralight-signal TP's for 9-30

Hello All,

With expectations high after yesterday, this morning's propagation was a
major disappointment for someone with modest equipment in a very modest DXing
 location.

Whereas John, Walt and Nick seemed to have some salt-water-enhanced TP-DX
to record on this mediocre morning, here in Puyallup only the usual
powerhouse  Japanese (594, 747 and 828) and the buzzing BEL2-738 had much  audio.
There was trace audio on 603-HLSA and 639-CNR1 around 1355, but way  below
normal standards. Even 657-Pyongyang's tirades were down in the noise  (maybe
that's not such a bad thing?).

I'm happy that John was able to find a little DX at Grayland, and it's
nice to read the TP reports from Walt and Nick-- but when conditions drop off
elsewhere, they really freeze up here. At least my ICF-2010 antenna wasn't
disconnected, as I originally suspected :-)

73, Gary

Spotting receiver:  Modified ICF-2010 (30" loopstick)
Main receiver:  Modified C.Crane SWP ultralight (7.5" Slider  loopstick +
CFJ455K5 filter)
36" collapsible-frame tuned passive loop (which should have been collapsed
this morning)