[IRCA] TP for 29 Sept from Victoria, BC

Was up briefly around 0945UT this morning, and plenty of TP action already, the best being 774 and 594 with excellent Japanese signals; other Japanese on 531, 585 and 567 (//594), 747 and 828 of course;  mysteries on 945 and 1161 (not China); 972, 1053 (jammer) and 1566  representing Korea well, though no sign of 603.

Started listening again rather late perhaps, at 1350UT.  By this time, 594 and 774 could have been selling local advertising, consistently very strong.   I didn't notice the pile of Chinese that Walt mentioned (too late?), though 936 had a pretty fine signal with EE and CC nx items interspersed with each other.  There were certainly lots of signals, too many to ID quickly individually.  Things started fading by 1410.

Unfortunately, some intermittent local noise has started ruining some channels while I was away at sea.

pretty darn good audio :

612 4QR
828 JOBB
972 HLCA
1134 JOQR
1287 JOHR

reasonable audio  at  times during the period (though often battling w/splash or noise):

558 two stations, JJ and KK
567 JOIK //594
594 3WV (u/JOAK) //612
603 HLSA presumed
873 JOGB
936 likely Anhui RGD, EE and CC nx
1044 CRI w/JJ programming
1053 Korean jammer
1242 JOLF
1332 likely JOSF w/mx

not so reasonable audio, occasional words in splash or noise:

531 JOQG //594
585 JOPG //594
612 JOLK u/4QR //594
621 unID oriental
747 JOIB
774 3LO //612 u/JOUB
954 JOKR
963 NHK1 synchros  dominant //594; don't think I've heard these at home before
1170 KBS pips on hour u/KPUG
1422 likely JORF
1575 likely VoA

Burbles in the splatter and noise:

153, 189, 279, 1143, 1359, 1566

Strongish het, no audio (either undermodulated or ravaged by splatter):

 too many

best wishes,

Nick