[IRCA] How to phase BOG's? (Jim Glover)

Jim, Dave:
Dave, I doubt if Jim's car antenna was coupling with the BOG.

Jim,
I put out my BOGs by holding my hand's outstretched as far apart to my sides
as possible holding the reels and walk laying both out at once.  My bogs are
about 5+' apart.

Google the Dallas Langford Pages for DIY phasers.  That would be the
cheapest way to build one.  Gerry Thomas's Quantum Phaser is a fine phaser
at a reasonable price and is the simplest to use.  Google it.

The longer the BOG the better, but there are diminishing returns if memory
serves over 800' Kaz can correct this if I am in error.

Gary Deacon of Fish Hoek, South Africa, has done outstanding DXing using a
200 meter BOG coupled to a puny Sony M37 ultralight.  He lives at one of the
finest dxing locations in the world, but with this simple equipment, he has
logged MW stations in NZ, OZ, and all over the US with some catches over
8000 miles.  Here's a link to his blog which is fascinating.
http://www.capedx.blogspot.com/

73 Gil