Re: [IRCA] 1350 KCAR question

WOW ..they are making it across the pond !!! I note them here in IL...700 miles away from their extreme NE TX location when I run antennas towards WSW or SW directions. Sometimes they dominate 1350 for a while, but only once were they reasonably strong this season...ie a few minutes on Sept 1. I doubt they are switching to night power. But even with 410w this is a superb catch across the pond. One wonders whether their tower has exceptional ground or a lake or river to the north..etc etc.

73 KAZ Barrington IL

Sent: Thursday, September 24, 2009 11:18 AM
Subject: Re: [IRCA] 1350 KCAR question

The station may not have dropped to low power at sunset, that is always a
possibility

Sincerely,
Paul B. Walker, Jr.
www.onairdj.com
walkerbroadcasting@xxxxxxxxx
On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 11:11 AM, Paul Crankshaw <paulc@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

1350 KCAR, Clarksville TX is listed as low power 410w/65w yet yesterday
Paul Logan in Northern Ireland logged this station at 0300 UTC and I logged
it 0600 UTC. I heard it again at 0600 UTC this morning.

Has the station upped its power and has it been heard  in more distant
parts of the US over the past couple of days?

Paul
Troon, Scotland