Sent: Thursday, September 24, 2009 2:13 AM
Subject: Re: [IRCA] Great cx towards NW from IL

Neil

Congratulations on hearing KFQD and CFPR.  Inspired by your loggings, I
did a quick bandscan, and KFQD was taking KXL to the cleaners on the
Northwest lobe of the K9AY at midnight PDT.  KNOM Nome is dominating 780
with weather, including temperature for "midtown Nome".  I think KICY is
there on 850 mixing with KOA (soft voiced woman talking on and on) on
the NW lobe, and KHHO nicely rejected off the back.  650 is a mix of
CISL and CKOM with no sign of KENI.

Bruce

Neil Kazaross wrote:
In there but not dominant but loggable... CKPR 860..NEW finally with
CBC news ment and bits of CBC pgmg occ in when I phase CJBC.. so it is
mixing with SK CBC French but different and KNUJ MN's 5 watts ... CJDC
890.. KFQD 750 !!!!!! ALASKA State 49 ..finally pulling enough of the
talker occ. mixed with SK's pest when I phase WSB to be certain it was
same as internet stream (Clark Howard earlier) . News 1130...CKST 1040
backgrounding WHO. CJCA 930 CFRN 1260 mixed with KROX from far NW MN.
Manitoba 950//1220//1250(rare) with nice classical mx. 950 and 1220
owning channel. 1330 CJYM(2nd time hrd) at times dominant..and WOW...
250 watts 1175 miles..new CFYM SK // oldies mx and it's own ID
sometimes thru KOKK with WPHT easily phased. AB on 1140 arm chair as
are almost all usually Western Canadians including CKOM 650 on peaks
with WSM phased out. (No trace of AK u/CKOM..and no trace of new
progressive talk stn in Juneau on 1330)

Too tired to stay up any longer and try to ID the occ C&W that sb
needed SK u/MN on 1280 and the weak C&W mixed in on 910 that wasnt
usual KJCB which was IDing and into ads at the time (likely needed AB)

And oops...KYES 1180 MN is just mauling WHAM in general...cx or day
power or ??

73 KAZ Barrington IL.. Phased BOG System about 320 ft // 190 ft aimed
about 318-320 deg and E-1