Re: [IRCA] OT Station Fire-Mt. Wilson

Walt wrote

<You refer, Patrick, to the single Martin Mars water bomber that's down
there. They were are relatively common sight here on Vancouver Is as
they're based at Sproat Lake near Port Alberni on the interior of
Vancouver Island. Magnificent to see up close and in the air. There are
only 3 left, and I believe only one is down there (?maybe 2?) while the
other is being repaired here. I have lots of photos of them skimming the
water at Sproat Lake, in the air, and dropping water on real fires, and
at air shows. The Mars has spent time in recent years in Australia, and
2 seasons now, I think, in California>

We need a lot more of those to help with wild fires. So Cal needs a few
of their own.

Patrick

Patrick Martin
KGED QSL Manager