Re: [IRCA] OT Station Fire-Mt. Wilson

At 09:07 AM 9/2/2009, you wrote:
>The latest news (9 AM KTLA) is the towers at Mt. Wilson have been saved.
>The fire continues to burn but now heading East towards Monrovia.
>However the big Canadian scoopers are still on standby and have not been
>called in as yet. 145,000 acres now have burned with 22% contained.
>
>73,
>
>Patrick

You refer, Patrick, to the single Martin Mars water bomber that's down there.  They were are relatively common sight here on Vancouver Is as they're based at Sproat Lake near Port Alberni on the interior of Vancouver Island.  Magnificent to see up close and in the air.  There are only 3 left, and I believe only one is down there (?maybe 2?) while the other is being repaired here.  I have lots of photos of them skimming the water at Sproat Lake, in the air, and dropping water on real fires, and at air shows.  The Mars has spent time in recent years in Australia, and 2 seasons now, I think, in California....Walt