[IRCA] Cortes Island TPs 30 June

At 12:31 6/30/2009, Steve wrote:
>Despite the high A index, 738 presumed Tahiti doing fairly well this morning, peaking at weak level at 1211 utc with two men talking in French.

that was heard here also, Steve, no Aussie on the channel in spite of others heard (see below).  Otherwise, no sign of Asiatics at the usual time (~1115UT), so the geomagnetic upset is having some influence. Using SDR-14, R-8, and a Kaz antenna facing salt water to the west (it helps, hi)

weak audio at various times around 1115UT: 612, 567,  1107 1503, 1611 w/hum,
fair audio: 648, 891

612  likely 4QR. "ABC nx Melbourne" mention by woman at 1207, fair

648 R. Rhema likely...1203 forecast for North and South Island heard mention of conditions in Marlborough and Auckland.  Don't know that I've heard this before.   Other NZ possibilities: 675 audio traces 1226UT,  756 at 1200UT  pips on hour, 657 at various times.

702 2BL.  weather forecast for Sydney by woman, fair at 1210.   All of these were local programs at the time, so no parallels until 1210 when "Tony Delroy Nightline" was mentioned on 612, 702 and 774

774  3LO.  "a day of wild weather across Australia" mentioned 1209, fair w/splash; then  "in Melbourne now, it's 14 degrees"

best wishes,

Nick