[IRCA] Radio Heritage Foundation Art of Radio Hawaii Competition Winner

[IRCA] Radio Heritage Foundation Art of Radio Hawaii Competition Winner

For anyone interested:
---
Radio Heritage Foundation Announces Winner
Art of Radio Hawaii Competition June 2009

Celebrating 50 years of Hawaii statehood in 2009, the Radio Heritage
Foundation recently ran a second competition linked to its Art of
Radio Hawaii Exhibition online at www.radioheritage.net.

Entries came from 17 countries: USA, New Zealand, France, Finland,
Brazil, China, UK, India, Ukraine, Australia, Germany, Netherlands,
Pakistan, Sweden, Norway, Venezuela, and Russia.

The questions were:

[1] Who was the Hawaiian Goddess of Fire. The answer was Pele, and
98% of entries had this part correct.
[2] Which Hilo radio station put her seal on its listener cards. The
answer was KHBC and 82% of entries had this part correct.

Thanks to everyone who entered this competition to win a retro style
T-shirt featuring the KPOI [Honolulu AM radio station] logo from 1961
supplied by competition sponsor www.RadioLogoLand.com.

Many entries included memories of Hawaiian radio, and one even
included a photo of the historic original KHBC transmitter itself!
Look for this in our Long Lost Radio Images at www.radioheritage.net
very shortly.

Congratulations to the winner:

Mike Barraclough, Letchworth, Hertforshire, England.
Your T-shirt will shortly be on its way from our friends at
www.RadioLogoLand.com.

We're glad you enjoy our competitions. Keep an eye on
www.radioheritage.net and your email folders for news of new
competitions coming shortly.

In the meantime, visit www.radioheritage.net to see our fresh new
content and let your friends know about the site by using our easy
social network sharing icon...you can email them the page, share on
Facebook, and over 50 other popular social sites.

Radio Heritage Foundation is a registered non-profit organization
connecting popular culture and radio heritage across the Pacific. Our
global website is www.radioheritage.net. Visit us today for fresh new
content, radio jingles and much more.

Lynn.
Lafayette, LA