Re: [IRCA] more minimalist TA (783) and morning DU check

At 12:46 6/1/2009, you wrote:

>Despite heavy continuous static, S9+10 to +20, I had weak aural 783 het from about 0530-0615 utc. Nothing anywhere else.

Given that I heard nothing last night (not even a Spectran visible carrier), you might have a chance at hearing audio under better conditions Steve.   Sunrise at Benin is around 0530UT, so you might need to be listening earlier to hear anything from them on 1566.

>But at 1212 utc 738 was poor/weak with man speaking rapidly in possible French. Did not sound like DU and 891 and 1116 just poor hets then. Anyone else check 738 this morning--did Tahiti do something to improve their signal? All gone by 1220.

The last several months, I've been hearing French on 738 without really strong carrier strength, so suspect they might have made some adjustment to their modulation in Papeete.  Previously, one needed a really big carrier to hear any audio at all.

best wishes,

Nick