Re: [IRCA] minimalist TA

At 05:55 5/28/2009, you wrote:

>One wonders where your 783 is from. It seems rather late for Germany so I presume Mauretania. They are listed as 0600 s/on but I have had them in fall from WI pre 0430 with weird Afro-chanting even though their SW // didn't come on til 0600.
>
>Mauretania 783 is honestly an easy catch lake Mich front in WI even though I seem to be the only one west of New England getting them except for DX paradise spots like Masset (I think Walt has them) or Easter Island.
>
>73 KAZ

I suspect Mauritania, Neil...and it actually kept up tonight until at least 0600UT after fading back in before 0500.     It hasn't been logged here in the winter months, though a tentative carrier later on in the evening on the rare occasions when auroral conditions got really quiet.  It's only in the last couple of seasons that I've even heard Spain here; previous years, openings have been via more northerly paths, trans Arctic rather than trans Atlantic.   There were loggings of the old Senegal transmitter (765?) back in the 70s in the northwest I believe.

The other interesting carrier here is 1566, likely Benin, which has been logged in the Charlottes, but it was very weak and transitory tonight.

But, I'm not aware of these ever being heard this late in the season out here, even as carriers...possibly most folks have better things to do at this time of year, hi.

Nick