To: <irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, May 22, 2009 10:11 PM
Subject: Re: [IRCA] Another night with the 1710 west coast signal

Hi Walt,

DF and investigation in the south Puget Sound area revealed a previously
unknown mixing product of KIRO-710 and KOMO-1000 right on 1710 kHz, which was
apparently responsible for the very weak audio that Pete and I heard on
the frequency. This very weak spur has nothing to do with the Russian audio
on the  frequency, but it makes it tough to chase the Russian-language
station on 1710 kHz around the Puyallup-Tacoma area (and maybe farther north,
into Seattle).

73, Gary

In a message dated 5/22/2009 9:40:41 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,