Re: [IRCA] ROBERTAS POGORELIS, GUADELOUPE, MEDIUMWAVE-DX, APRIL 2009

Re: [IRCA] ROBERTAS POGORELIS, GUADELOUPE, MEDIUMWAVE-DX, APRIL 2009

MEXICO

560, R. La Acerera (tentative). 6/4 0020, SINPO 23422. Talk about historical events that happened on the day of 5 April (in different years). Mentioned 5 April 1939, then mention of "Presidente de la República maestro Rómulo [Díaz de la] Vega, ID as "Radio ….era", mention of "actualidad informativa".

If this was indeed R. La Acerera, it would be rather strange to receive this station and not other Mexicans, which are closer to Guadeloupe. But with radio, you never know.

[this is XEGIK, 1.4/0.25 kW, Monclova, Coahuila well inland, 24h per WRTH 2009. Yes, Rómulo - Vega was a Mexican president. I don`t see any other 560 Mexicans ending in ---era, but this is pretty flimsy --- gh]

I really don't think this logging is from XEGIK. I heard them here a couple times during the fall of 2007 and the ID is "La Acerera" as listed and never a mention of Radio in the slogan. Also they were playing nortena type music in the evenings. Here's from wikipedia "When General Carrera left the presidency of the Republic, Rómulo Díaz de la Vega was designated temporary President by the leaders of the military garrison. His government lasted 22 days, from September 12 to October 3, 1855."

I very very strongly believe that something other than XEGIK was heard. 73 KAZ Barrington IL