[IRCA] 1710 Russian

This morning I drove from home in NE Tacoma through downtown to the Proctor district and then back up I-5 to Federal Way and then due West to home again and did not hear anything similar to what Pat heard. Rather, I heard the additive mixing product of KIRO-710 and KOMO-1000. Gary, you might want to check the mixing product you heard; 300 degrees would be pretty much in line with the KOMO/KIRO transmitter sites. I thought for sure if I were going to hear Russian that I would do so in Federal Way because I often hear Russian language-speakers at Costco and Winco. I don't think there is a nucleus where they all live but a lot of them seem to have settled in the area. Meanwhile, 1710 was hammered across the Sound on Schuster Drive and at least two miles East of home by slop from Browns Point Radio-1700, my nearby Part 15 friend. Obviously it has fairly sophisticated audio processing equipment which is not surprising because the operator works at a music syndicator in Seattle.

Not sure where to go with this now. It is certainly possible that it is not 24/7. I will try to get a more precise direction on it tonight by taking the Palomar loop outside and using it with the 2010.

Pete Taylor
Tacoma, WA
12225w 4719n
HQ180 + Kiwa air core loop