Sent: Friday, May 15, 2009 6:22 AM
Subject: Re: [IRCA] SDR

Thinking about getting a SDR for AM DX.
Any advice is appreciated.

I've had an RFSpace SDR-14 for a year or so and it's been great. I find it
far better than the Drake R8B or any of the previous radios I've had.  The
SDR-IQ also gets great reviews, as does the Perseus.  From what I've read,
the ICOM SDR rigs aren't as good.  WinRadio may not be either.  Dollar for
dollar, the SDR-IQ seems to be the champ.

There are some ham-oriented rigs that include transmitters.  While the
receivers can be excellent, the cost is too high.

Craig Healy
Providence, RI