[IRCA] Tecsun Documentation Confirms Two Versions of R9012

[IRCA] Tecsun Documentation Confirms Two Versions of R9012

Hello All,

While performing multiple alignments of "good" Tecsun R9012 models from
"dpmega" last night, I was getting a little bored after scraping loopstick
wax, and adjusting tiny trimmer screws over and over. To take a break, I
picked up the attractive R9012 shipping box, started reading the fine print--
and made a major discovery.

On the R9012 shipping box tuck-in flap (on the right side only, as viewed
from the top of the box), there was an extremely tiny printed notice that
this  was "2007.5 VER.2." This would be practically invisible, unless someone
is  seriously nearsighted (like me, which actually helps when doing
alignments  :>)

So the good news is that anyone who wishes to order a new Tecsun R9012 from
 any Chinese seller just needs to asks for "2007.5 VER.2," which is printed
on  the right tuck-in flap of the shipping box of all "good" Tecsun R9012
models.  The not-so-good news is that the lemon variants were apparently not
just  made in 2005, but right up until April of 2007.

Hopefully, with this new information, ULR DXers can avoid receiving any
more lemon versions of this otherwise great $9 DXing bargain. The  radio is
probably the best AM-DXing bargain on the planet, and includes an  actual
round tuning knob, outstanding nulling ability, good  sensitivity, and ten SW
bands (and FM coverage) as well.

73, Gary DeBock

**************Big savings on Dell’s most popular laptops. Now starting at
$449!