Re: [IRCA] KTRO 910 & KVXX 1390 Spanish ESPN Deportes May 1, 2009

Re: [IRCA] KTRO 910 & KVXX 1390 Spanish ESPN Deportes May 1, 2009

Kevin;

ID'ing SS, or any foreign language station, can be quite difficult.
Scott Fybush related a few months ago that broadcasters aren't required
to ID in English.  OTOH, Ham radio operators are required to ID in EE
(every ten minutes), regardless of what language is used for the contact
(T2B - You must identify using the English language to identify your
station when you are speaking to another amateur operator using a
language other than English.).  OFF TOPIC RANT: I never like the wording
in Governmental laws and regs (and I deal with them every day), so I
have a bone to pick with the quoted T2B.  So, does this mean that if I
am in an all English contact, I can ID in Swahili?  Why can't it just
say, "All identifications must be made in English?"

I know that the FCC's enforcement staff is spread way too thin but I
don't see why dual ID's (EE + other language) can't be required.  I
guess Canada is even more lax, only one ID is required within 12 hours!

73,
Dave in Indy

Message: 3