From: irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of John H. Bryant
Sent: Wednesday, April 01, 2009 4:15 AM
To: Mailing list for the International Radio Club of America
Subject: Re: [IRCA] The 980 Western Mysteries Continue

Chris,

I'm REALLY glad that you heard XEMF, too.  I, as well, thought that I
was totally nuts when I heard that they first couple of times. Years
ago, they were my first Mexican "real DX" on 780 and more powerful
than now. When my local KSPI 780 would sign off, I could often hear
them, if I could somehow null Chicago (which comes in almost as
strong as my still-250 watt local.)

Anyway, "Em-mey F-fey" is pretty hard to mistake, and now that two of
us have heard them..... surely that is not an authorized move, with
another Coahuila station on that frequency???

John B.