[IRCA] SDR-14 and Linux

I have an older IBM Thinkpad laptop in halfway decent condition.  It has
Windows 98 and is kind of useless for normal computer work.  Today I put the
Linux-based Knoppix boot CD in and it started up.  All the tools like the
network connection, sound card and whatnot were found and started.  The
thing needs more memory and a new battery, but I ordered those this evening.

What I want to do is use it to run my SDR-14 receiver as a portable.
Apparently there is a program called LINRAD that works with the receiver and
Linux (Knoppix).  I think this will be quite useful.

Question:  Has anyone run the SDR-IQ or SDR-14 receiver through a Linux
computer?  Is the LINRAD program as good as the supplied Spectravue?  Any
thoughts?

Craig Healy
Providence, RI