[IRCA] TP for 31 Mar from Victoria, BC

Well, the DX gods must have heard Walt's not entirely positive comments about
springtime conditions  (or they saw Kevin heading for the beach, and took pity
on him).   A pretty fine turnout this morning; several channels w/more than one
signal.  Listened from 1305-15 and 1340 to 1400 when things started to fade,
though 1566 still had audio traces at 1440UT.   The fade down started earlier at
the bottom of the band, with a bit of a lift at the top at the same time.

pretty darn good audio (at least briefly):

594 JOAK
603 HLSA (yes, really)   //558
774 JOUB
828 JOBB
1566 HLAZ at 1349 o/another station which was about 28Hz high, so talk on it was
mostly concealed by a hum

reasonable audio  at  times during the period (though often battling w/splash or
noise):

612  JOLK w/JJ talk //594 o/4QR w/EE talk
1053 the mighty mysterious 100Hz hum which faded down to reveal a weaker JOAR
w/JJ talk by woman
1422 JORF likely at 1352, along with one other station (!)
1503 JOUK //594, also along with another station at 1352
1575 woman talking SE Asian language at 1358, with accompanying off channel hum

not so reasonable audio, occasional words in splash or noise:

558 two stations one HLQH //603, other presumably JOCR
747 JOIB
846 unID Asian per direction, instrumental "Amazing Grace"; not NHK1, so no idea
1242 likely JOLF, something else underneath as well?
1557 Family R. Taiwan? w/ woman in CC at 1356UT
1593 NHK2 //828 mixing with CNR-1

Burbles in the splatter and noise:

279 w/big carrier, presumably R. Rossii
567 JOIK  // 594
693 JOAB //828
873 JOGB //828
954 unID, JOKR?
1134 unID
1188 unID
1332 unID
1494 JJ inflected talk? at 1357
1512 NHK2 synchros, pips on hour, talk //828, o/u something else; pretty nice
catch for this time of year
1584 NHK1 synchros //594, big hum on channel as well

Strongish het, no audio (either undermodulated or ravaged by splatter): 1098DU,
1314, 1467, 1475

I notice I didn't log HLCA-972; I'm sure they must have been there, but too much
else to chase I guess.

best wishes,

Nick