[IRCA] CP24 Radio is a disaster

CP24 Radio is a disaster

CHUM-AM, Toronto's first rock 'n' roll station, is gone. What's replaced it isn't airwave worthy
By TED WOLOSHYN

When I was about 10 years old, I recall scooping up one of my mother's old table lamps. I removed the lamp shade, tossed away the light bulb, stole my mother's nail polish and scribbled 1050 CHUM on the base of the lamp.

Next to the lamp sat a Seabreeze turntable on which I played my 45s. In between songs, I spoke into this makeshift microphone, pretending to be a CHUM disc jockey, because even at that young age I knew that was what I wanted to be when I grew up -- a DJ at CHUM.

But as a renowned Chicago D.J. once told a woman who suggested her son wanted to be a D.J. when he grew up, "Lady, tell your kid he can't do both."

full article:
http://www.torontosun.com/comment/columnists/ted_woloshyn/2009/03/28/8914056-sun.html

73

Mike Brooker