Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] 600 Hz het at 1340 kHz

On Friday 20 March 2009 19:08, BACONTI@xxxxxxx wrote:
> I got a chance to evaluate the het at 1340 kHz before sunset.  It's
>  actually a double signal, at 1339.4 and 1340.6 kHz, strongest with
> phasing aimed  east which would indicate one of the 1340 Maine
> stations as the source.  It appears on the SDR IQ spectrum analyzer
> as two distinct signals of equal  strength at + and - 600 Hz
> centered on 1340 kHz as if it were an amplitude  modulated 600 Hz
> tone.

The 600 Hz tone is still audible here tonight on 1340, but here's a
new twist - there's also one on 1400!  Similar strength (not strong,
just noticeable in the mix), and the tone frequency is virtually
identical.  In both cases, they appear to be symmetrical sidebands,
not isolated hets.  They don't seem to be coming from the same
location, though - nulling with a loop to get some idea of direction,
the 1340 tone seemed to be to the east (or west) of me, while the
1400 tone is more to the south.

Anybody else hearing these signals?

Barry

--