Re: [IRCA] Ground Resistance (A further question)

Re: [IRCA] Ground Resistance (A further question)

Nick and Barry,

Here in my backyard where the soil is wet and swampy a lot of the year,
I use 5 foot copper pipes, 1/2 inch generally along wth hose clamps to
tighten the wire down. My yard is loaded wikth copper pipe through the
years. They are very easy to pound in. Half of the 5 foot pipe or more
can be pushed into the ground. I have no idea if 10 foot ones would be
better or not, as I have only put in one 10 foot pipe. That one was used
to replace the old rusted copper clad one I had for the receiver ground
under the house. A couple years ago, I shood on a ladder and pounded a
10 foot pipe in. Took me about 15 minutes.  I have no way to measure the
resistance, but with the water table so high and the ground system sits
under water often for months, plus the copper pipe does sit in water all
year, the resistance probably is quite low.  I have installed one 5 foot
pipe. Then a second. followed by a third. Each time the nulls get a bit
better. But after 4 or 5, I notice little or no difference. So probably
after that, there is hardly any improvement. Just a guess, without any
way to measure it. But I am a real fan of grounding on my EWEs. I have
always felt, more the merrier, but I live in an area where they are easy
to pound in too. The new NE EWE, I will add a couple more at each end,
in the near future. I have 2 or 3 now.
EWE antenna DO need good grounding.

73,

Patrick