[IRCA] WTOR-770 open carrier - where to complain?

[IRCA] WTOR-770 open carrier - where to complain?

For the past several months (perhaps for more than a year now) WTOR-770 has been leaving their carrier on all night after sign-off. Their open carrier is seriously hammering WABC from my location in mid-town Toronto. In particular, I like to listen to Imus in the morning before WTOR signs on, and can't hear the I-Man too well under the WTOR carrier. I would like to file a complaint, but where or to whom? The FCC likely will not respond to complaints from outside the U.S. Industry Canada and the CRTC have no jurisdiction over WTOR even if they maintain an office in Toronto and virtually all of WTOR's programming is intended for Canadians. Not much point in reporting the interference to WABC, as skywave listeners no longer count for anything to I-A clear channel blowtorches - they're just "radio nerds", beyond the range of potential advertising revenue. And I doubt WTOR, or their parent company Birach Broadcasting, would give a rat's hindquarters, if they even know what an open carrier is.

73

Mike Brooker
Toronto, ON