[IRCA] KRKO 1380 / KONP 1450

1. Listening to KRKO Sat night at midnight,heard official announcement of KRKO's Transmitter start up and power boost complete with Canadian national anthem before American anthem and Short transmitter history with power and location info.This is the station's fourth power boost and tower site change.since 1922.The current signal here now is hashy on adjacents and is not quite local daytime but after sunset boost comes in without background noise here in Vic.but will "wave" slightly and the audio sounds like surf coming in on a beach                                                                                                            2.1450KONP's image at the lower end shows up on my receiver at about 535 Khz and is audible here in Vic.First I thought it was the Port Angeles Tourist Info station which gets quite a beating from the 1450 image as
 noted on a trip to PA a few years ago.I.ve had strong signal from KONP in Bellingham,WA so the over water coverage is good up to the lower mainland.Bill in BC