[IRCA] KRKO and KONP-540?

Was in Victoria for two straight days of Rotary meetings this weekend. Today I noted a very loud KRKO-1380 complete with IBOC hash on either side. Not much question that they started a day early. On my drive home to NE Tacoma from Port Angeles between 6-8:15pm PST, they did not stand out and I simply could not tell if they were on their night 50kw rig or had their IBOC on.

Victoria has two locals on 900 and 1070. I could not figure out any combination of frequencies which would create a mixing product resulting in KONP-1450's appearance on 540 on the E100. I listened for it on the car radio in Port Angeles but it was dark by then and CBK ruled. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Pete Taylor
Tacoma, WA
12225w 4719n
HQ180 + Kiwa air core loop