[IRCA] New Article Posted

Friends,

For reasons unknown to me, no one has yet formally compared a Slider E100 to a combo of a stock E100+small air-core loop like a Select-a-Tenna, etc. This has been a real open spot in our research since its very natural to ask why one would spend $25 for parts and do a bit of construction (for the Slider mod) when you can buy a small air-core loop for $30 to $40. We've now got an answer to that question.

Veteran DXer Kirk Allen has just completed and we have posted "Comparisons Between the E100 Slider With a Unmodified E100 With Passive Loops" Its the newest file in the ULR Files area of dxer.ca (look under Downloads.)

Thanks go to Kirk for this important contribution to Ultralighting... more important than you might think, because Kirk's findings ought to be applicable to the use (or not) of Slider mods on other Ultralight models.

John B.
Stillwater, OK, USA
Rcvrs: Hotrodded NRD-535, Slider e100's
Antennas: Wellbrook Phased Array _______________________________________________