Re: [IRCA] KGOW

Glenn,

We have been through this several times in the past. I have always felt
that the term "cheating" should NEVER be used in regard to a suspicion
that a station might be on high power on the lists.  First of all, it
does not go over well using that term with many engineers and it does
not look well on us. Plus there are many other terms that could be used.
Second, we have no idea why a station may be on high power, testing
equip, a glitch in the timer, or whatever. Also in some cases, it could
be reception conditions that we hear a station. Even though we cannot
control what people do, but calling a station in the middle of the night
doesn't help either, as you stated.  Maybe a quiet call asking for the
CE the next day, as he/she may not know about a glitch in their timer.
But I wish people would quit using that term on the lists. It just does
not look good. I don't want to stat a flame war here, but everytime I
see that term used, it drives me up the wall. For the record, I know of
several engineers who see our postings. They do not directly sub to the
lists, but the postings show up elsewhere. Often within a few minutes.

Patrick Martin
Co Moderator
IRCA reflector