[IRCA] The cost of IBOC

Thanks for the answers received.

I was thinking of AM. I couldn't help thinking, as I passed by WBZ on the dial last night and noted it and adjacent channels getting hammered by noise, that IBOC has cost these stations up-front costs, ongoing energy costs, and of course any impact from loss of signal quality (while signals of some stations are no doubt eroded within primary contours, I am not sure if advertisers really know, and if this has yet translated into lost ad revenue).

So as I passed by WBZ I thought of the cuts their to local content, and pondered over the relative wisdom of decisions made there. I was wondering if the cost of IBOC electricity (and any other ongoing IBOC-related costs) might equal one host. Maybe? Maybe not? I know there would be variations between a large market versus a smaller one, and a big-name local host versus a small one.

Saul