Re: [IRCA] ALA 100; was Friday night TA/ Beverage antenna

Re: [IRCA] ALA 100; was Friday night TA/ Beverage antenna

Nick,

Thanks for the info. 65 feet, I can easily fit that into the area in the
backyard, but it will still be basically East-West.
  The Eastern beverage worked beautifully on LW the past few nights. I
have not really tried LW all that much, but this time I spent most of it
there as the dial was loaded with stations. If it wasn't for my S6-7
noise level on LW with the beverage, I would have IDed more signals I am
sure, as there was something on every channel. 171 & 162 were the best
by far, but audio on most of the rest. The Eastern beverage really cooks
on the TA LWers. I wish I would have checked more in the past. For a
while a year ago, one or two times I did get bits on France 162.
   When I get up to MW, the manmade noise level on the Beverage goes to
about zero. But I don't get anything TA on it as those frequencies.  The
only noise I get is atmospheric there, but LW is noisier.
   I got nothing TA on the phase of the NW/SW EWEs on LW, even though I
got signals on MW. Nothing, not even a strong carrier where I was
getting decent audio with the beverage on LW.   Of course at 200 kHz one
WL is about 6,000 feet and the beverage is 1/4 of that giving me a
fairly fat lobe off the end. So 300-400 feet may do it on MW, but I
still would have more QRM, as there is much less on LW other than
beacons.
  But the ALA100 is worth trying..

73,

Patrick