Re: [IRCA] ALA 100; was Friday night TA/ Beverage antenna

Re: [IRCA] ALA 100; was Friday night TA/ Beverage antenna

Nick,

That is a thought. Maybe I could borrow one from someone to try. I have
my doubts, but I have been surprised in the past. Sometimes antennas I
have made work really well as you all know my originial experience
coming up with the EWE in 1981. Room may be an issue with the ALA100.  I
do have the property East of my house, to a point to use where the
beverage runs. If I could get one to work as well as others have had, I
would buy one. The cost is not that much of an issue, but so far, the
only antennas I have had decent TA luck have been beverages, The
Northern one and now the Eastern one. I do like your comment on the
ALA100 cutting down  on manmade noise. The EWE's do that well, and even
the beverage is fine, but there are more issues with LW with noise. I
was surprised how much LW activity I had over the past 3 nights here.
How much room is really needed for the ALA100 to work well?

73,

Patrick