Re: [IRCA] end of good TA on west coast?

Re: [IRCA] end of good TA on west coast?

Yes, and things have only gone downhill since my earlier post. All I get now are weak carriers on 1575, 1539, 1521, 1215, 1134, 1107, 1089, 918, 855, 819, and 531. Most of them are so weak I wouldn't even have paid them any attention the past evenings. Oh well, it was certainly fun while it lasted.

73,

Nigel Pimblett
Dunmore, Alberta

Steve Ratzlaff wrote:

As Nigel gave us west coasters some advance notice of poor TA, it's certainly poor here. First check at 0047 utc, 171 Morocco at fair S2 level, 207 with poor signal; only weak MW hets on a few channels. At 0119 utc, 171 is down to S0 with fades down to inaudibility; nothing anywhere else. There was a notice on another list of a sudden geomagnetic impulse this afternoon; I don't know if that would affect conditions so soon, or if at all. But it does appear west coast TA is pretty much gone, at least for right now.
Steve
NE Oregon