Re: [IRCA] 1413

> PS:  Dreaming of the day that I can DX from home over the
> internet connected to the Queen Charlottes!

If you have a decent internet connection there that can be assigned a static
IP address, I can tell you how.  I set my SDR-14 on a computer at a place on
the south coast of Massachusetts and was able to run it using PC Anywhere.
There are converter boxes that can get audio from Point A to Point B at a
low (20ms or so) delay time.  If you can deal with a long delay, you can
also use freeware Windows Media Encoder.  Having a static IP address and
decent internet speed is key.  If that site will support either DSL or a
cable modem connection, it can work.

As a bonus, you can also use that connection to monitor the house.

Craig Healy
Providence, RI