Re: [IRCA] TP's for 01-15-09

At 15:01 1/15/2009, you wrote:

>--
>Good Morning:
>
>Listened from 1356 to 1457.   MW TP's had to have 1 million watts
>to be heard in Salmon Creek, WA this morning.  The Japanese
>stations were just weak carriers.

Again, thanks for writing much of my report for me, Dennis, though I couldn't winkle out audio from HLAZ.  1575 was best at 1527UT here, and that was hardly better than "barely there".  Only other one of interest was 639 which had a good carrier from 1445UT, and delivered "barely there" audio at 1529UT.  The island rhythm and the westerly direction both point to this having been Fiji.

Interestingly, there were still audio traces from 1575 at 1600UT, so it took its time fading out.

best wishes,

Nick