Re: [IRCA] French 1710

> It is 0517 EST and the French station is still coming in. In checking on
> a list Bruce Conti back in Nov 08, cites R Soleil International moving
> from 1620 to 1710. This might be what I am hearing. It seems to be very
> professional broadcaster for a pirate. Taking telephone calls. Some
> music program seems to be now. I can hear a woman in FF singing.
> I am letting the cassette record as I type this I have about 50 minutes
> so far. Not bad on peaks. Too bad I don't understand much French.

I usually check 1710 on my bandscans and often the Haitian pirate is
audible, though just above the noise.  That's consistent with a 50-100w
pirate using a simple antenna.  I could put it up on my private stream so
you could check for // audio.  It's pretty hard to pick out of the noise,
though.

How were other east coast stations like WBZ-1030 showing?  If I had to
guess, I'd say it was another pirate closer to your location.

Next time I'm up near Boston I'll see how they do.  In the past they have
always been mediocre compared to a typical 1kw high end daytimer.

FWIW, I have not noticed the Lubovich (sp?) NYC 1710 pirate in a while.

Craig Healy
Providence, RI