Re: [IRCA] TPs for 01-13-09

I recall 1955-56 when I was at Keflavik Iceland that reception to both North America & Europe/Africa was quite good until a few days after New Years 1956 when the bottom dropped out. Eventually I switched to the Ham Bands for the rest of the winter. Of course there were quite a few nights when the Aurora Borealis was swishing its way above us (on the few nights it was clear). Might have had something to do with it.

Don K.

vroomski@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
--
Colin,

I wonder why I get up from 5:00 -6:00 am to listen for TPs, when I know that I'm only going to hear 2-4 stations and have heard them
hundreds of times before.  My dog wakes me up 80% of the time
and wants to go outside.  The other 20% of the time, I'm just laying there
wide awake and decide to DX.  99% of the time I go back to bed after
the TP session.

Noticed in last years logs that TP action pick up towards the end of January and really improved in February and March. Improved so much I was hearing 10 stations a mornings that I had heard hundreds of times before.
A reason buy 10 arces near the coast and set up a beverage farm.

Dennis,
Salmon Creek, WA