From: irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Steve Ratzlaff
Sent: Friday, January 09, 2009 8:36 PM
To: Mailing list for the International Radio Club of America;
ultralightdx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [IRCA] Crate Loop Completed

Hi Chris,
Great report on your new Crate Loop, and thanks for giving the details.
But using your "project benefits" as a guide, the Sterilite #1693 crate that
I just purchased from Wal-Mart may not be as suitable after all. Since the
loop can't be wound around the sides of the crate, the loop has to be wound
around the top and bottom. That would nullify your #3 and #4 points since
the top is covered by the wire and the crate is thus not suitable for
placing anything inside it.
You didn't mention what specific crate you used, but it must have been
similar to the model Kevin used, Sterilite #1692.
73,
Steve