[IRCA] Happy Ultralight New Year (read at own risk)

[IRCA] Happy Ultralight New Year (read at own risk)

Hello Guys,

     One of the primary culprits for the Ultralight  radio craze would like
to wish every one of you an exciting, DX-filled 2009,  with thrilling pocket
radio DX to fill your new year!  May you all have the  productivity of Rob Ross,
the luck of Allen Willie, the DXing knowledge of John  Bryant, and the
technical wizardry of Steve Ratzlaff!

     Back from New Year's Day in 2008 (and  completely without any popular
demand), for those of you with strong stomachs, I  offer this awful selection of
poetry from the very early days of Ultralight  Radio.  Feel free to read it
at your own risk, and have a wonderful New  Year!

HAPPY ULTRALIGHT NEW YEAR (1-1-2008)

The weather is icy, the snow is quite deep...

The TA's and TP's have  fallen asleep.

The bands they are dreary, the Asians are  gone...

The current conditions provoke a big yawn.

But deep in our  hearts,  we know there is hope..

A new day is dawning, no reason to  mope.

We hold in our hands the key to success..

A tiny receiver  that banishes stress.

It warms the winter like cookies from  Mom,

And zaps IBOC gloom like a nuclear bomb.

It nulls all your  pests, eats locals for lunch...

And of all of your toys is the best of  the bunch!

When winter is over, and spring shall appear..

We all  know DXers will jump with great cheer.

For tiny receivers will lead us to  joy...

And make us all feel like we did as a boy.

We may not be  young now, and over the hill..

But these tiny toys still provoke a great  thrill.

The Club, it has hope now, the future is bright..

Happy  New Year to All... with a new Ultralight!

73 and  Apologies to All,  Gary DeBock