[IRCA] TP for 30 Dec from Kona, Hawaii

As the holiday at the dx location quickly starts to drain
I thought it would be a good idea to get up and put in an hour
or so - before the lure of the warm bed drew me back...

Here is what I found -

UTC   FREQ   STATION Details
1554  1593   CC Programming pretty much over top of everything else -
from time to time some EE or Island music would surface but only briefly

1555  1548   Usually a jumble but by & large, an Aussie held court here
most mornings - today was no exception

1558  1530   Like most mornings I have been up the predominant station
here has been Pop music and patter in Tagalog - very strong generally

1559  1512   Chinese choral music

1600  1467   A jumble but occasionally some Indian music would surface - assume
this to be Fiji

1602  1575  By and large an all-VOA Thailand show here - but often it would fade
out entirely to be replaced by something else for a few moments - must review the
MD' that I made (MiniDisc)

1605  1332 oddly American sounding DJ referring to "FOX News" on more than one occasion. Perhaps an AUS station clipping some American feed somewhere - generally was AUSSIE most other mornings

1607 1152 Island chorale sounding - low on the modulation - suspect Fiji again

1608 1089 CC - here every morning until sunrise - very strong

1609  981 CC - regular and very strong

1610  972 - our old friend in KK with a suitably unimpressive signal

1611  909 - parallel to 684 with poppy sounding Chinese music - assume CNR

1617  1548 - not a clue as to this - Indo-lang sounding w/ deep fades

1618  1512 - EE News feature in AUSSIE

1620  1431 - "  "  "  "  "  "

1624  1242 A complete jumble of stuff - a pacific version of a graveyard

1625  1224 Pop music - and I did not hang out to find who

1628  1206 S.E. Asian lang at good levels

1630  1071 Aussie sounding talk at great level - no sign of KNX on 1070

1634  1521 Aussie EE w/ ABC mention and perhaps an ID on Sony MD

Radio - Eton E100 Slider + Sony MD Recorder + Zoom H4 MP3/WAV recorder
MP3's later on DXer.ca