[IRCA] DX TIP for WDXR

1510    KCKK    CO, Littleton, KGA with OC and a bit of phasing to log
KCKK with Sports. ID at 0044 EDT 12/14 " Worldwide Sports Radio
1510.....Denver's.... After a spot for insurance with a 303 area code.
Really tough as KGA has a horrible hum in their OC, but I finally logged
this call change! It took phasing, the notch filter and crystal filters
in the SPR4. I could not get anything much on the R8 with the hum. The
pickup was really touchy and the splatter from KOKC wasn't helping from
1520.  I wish the R8 had crystal filters. I sure missed them that I used
to have on the old SP-600. With KGA on, there is no mercy period! I am
hoping when they drop power at night, the signal will drop here on the
coast. . No sign of it as yet, not at S9+40-50 DB!!! They have always
been a terror in signal here at night. You can imagine what they were
when they played music! Splatter city. My locals aren't as strong as
KGA! I must be in the right spot for their first hop.
I am happy with hear KCKK!  Patrick, are you still QSing them?
(PM-OR)

Drake SPR4
1500' Eastern beverage
45' vertical